nging endorsement. "Well, you kne

nging endorsement. "Well, you kne

Postprzez blueberryjerry » 21 Sty 2017 04:43

MADRID, Spain -- After a difficult summer, the Basketball World Cup has been pretty easy for the U. http://www.officialllionsproshop.com/Yo ... ns-Jersey/ .S. No games have been close in the final minutes, and only one was even competitive entering the final period. This depleted team that was supposed to be vulnerable has instead been invincible. The Americans believe that tough game is coming Sunday -- and so does Serbia, their opponent. "They have supreme confidence and just that expectation, I think, that they feel like theyre going to win," U.S. guard Stephen Curry said, "and we have that same mentality as well." Serbia is the only team left that can stop the Americans from repeating as world champions, looking to regain a title thats meant so much in its basketball history. "They are great, good team, but for sure we wont go inside the game to lose," Serbian guard Milos Teodosic said. The Americans were supposed to be here, though the road to the final was expected to be tougher once Kevin Durant, Kevin Love and Blake Griffin withdrew, and Paul George broke his right leg. But the opponent is a surprise. The Serbians barely qualified for the 24-team field as the seventh-place finisher in last years European championship. They were only 2-3 in the group stage, advancing as the fourth and final team from the powerful Group A, but have peaked since the games became win or go home. A 90-72 rout of previously unbeaten Greece in the round of 16 was followed by an 84-56 victory over Brazil in the quarterfinals. Then the Serbians built a huge lead and held on Friday for a 90-85 victory over France, which had beat then in the group stage and knocked out tournament co-favourite Spain in the quarters. "Theyre just playing great basketball right now and actually its beautiful to see. I hope I dont see that beauty tomorrow night," U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "But theyve been playing lights-out basketball." The Americans have been more dominant, averaging 101.5 points and winning by 32.5 per game. Their last two games had single-digit margins at halftime, and yet they ended up winning both by a combined 71 points. "I cannot say were going to win against the U.S, but Im sure were going to give all our best and try to fight, but its going to be hard for sure," said former NBA centre Nenad Krstic. The Americans have never repeated as world champions. The last team to win titles consecutively was Yugoslavia in 1998 and 2002. Krstic remembers cheering for his country mates during the latter game, held in the United States, at a gas station with his club team that was on a bus at the time. It was the last of a record five world titles won by Yugoslavia when Serbia competed as part of that nation. The Serbians have retained that basketball passion since competing under their own flag -- Curry played on the U.S. team that lost to host Serbia in the championship game of the 2007 under-19 tournament. "Its tough winning silver that game, so hopefully we can be on the other side of it this time around," Curry said. Serbia is already guaranteed its first medal at the senior level. The Serbians -- whose Olympic committee president is former NBA centre Vlade Divac -- finished fourth in 2010. "It means a lot because we are a basketball country," Krstic said. "Lots of people, whole country watch this game." The Americans say its just as important to them, especially after all the adversity they faced before the games began. USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo has said a gold medal would be the sweetest one since he took over the program in 2005, since it seemed so in doubt as big name after big name passed on the trip to Spain. "Its everything for us," U.S. forward James Harden said. "We came here with one thing on our mind, thats to win the gold medal. We came this far, doing an excellent job this far in this tournament. So one more game to complete our mission." http://www.officialllionsproshop.com/Yo ... ns-Jersey/ . -- Blake Griffin scored 32 points and grabbed eight rebounds, DeAndre Jordan had 14 points and 22 rebounds and the Los Angeles Clippers outlasted the Golden State Warriors 98-96 on Thursday night to take a 2-1 lead in their first-round series. http://www.officialllionsproshop.com/Yo ... ns-Jersey/ . After seven wins in a row, they have to do it one more time to get into the playoffs.ANAHEIM – Colby Rasmus was saying the right things when asked about his new lot in life. Hes a platoon player now. Once the starting centerfielder, hell share duties with Darin Mastroianni for the time being. "I guess its different than Ive been in before as far as being platooned," said Rasmus. "Im just going to look at it as theyre trying to help me in some weird kind of way." Rasmus is struggling, of that there is no question. With his first taste of free agency only months away, hes suffered through a .214/.267/.458, his .725 OPS propped up by his slugging percentage, which is strong because of Rasmus 41 hits, 12 have been home runs and 11 have been doubles. His splits would, on the surface, suggest a platoon makes sense. Rasmus has a .754 OPS with 10 home runs against right-handed pitchers; a .619 OPS with two home runs against left-handers. Manager John Gibbons has decided that involving one of the clubs latest of many waiver claims, Darin Mastroianni, in the centerfield mix is right for the team. "We want him to start hitting right-handers too," said Gibbons. "Were scrambling for offence right now and we think thats the best chance. Hes not hitting any lefties so give Mastro a shot at it." This comes at an interesting time. Edwin Encarnacion is on the disabled list with a right quadriceps strain. Brett Lawrie is on the disabled list with a fractured right index finger. Jose Bautista is playing despite hamstring tightness. Adam Lind is playing as he recovers from a bone bruise in his right foot. It seems anyone who is anyone is fighting an ailment to some degree. Rasmus should be part of the solution but hes going to have to break out of his funk in order to get the chance. "Its not going like I want it to, obviously," said Rasmus. "Everyday in this game is a fight no matter if youree doing good or doing bad. http://www.officialllionsproshop.com/Yo ... ns-Jersey/. Right now its not going that great for me. At the plate, theyre pitching me well and theyre not playing into my strengths, which is their job." In the fifth inning of Mondays 5-2 loss to the Angels, the score was 2-2 at the time, Los Angeles Josh Hamilton hit a lazy fly ball to Rasmus in centerfield. The bases were loaded and Kole Calhoun tagged from third. Rasmus caught the ball flatfooted rather than circling it and setting up for the throw home. His throw was offline, Calhoun scored easily and the Jays trailed the rest of the way. Two innings later, with the score 5-2 Angels in the seventh, Mastroianni pinch hit for Rasmus with left-handed Angels reliever Joe Thatcher on the mound. Gibbons made the move knowing right-hander Jason Grilli was ready. Grilli struck out Mastroianni looking. While Gibbons said he wasnt punishing Rasmus for the defensive miscue, he didnt offer Rasmus a ringing endorsement. "Well, you knew they had us either way," said Gibbons of the matchups. "So they forced our hand. They got us any way we want to go there." Its a little late to call this the beginning of the end of Rasmus time in Toronto, but the club appears poised to go in a different direction next season. Rasmus will seek out a contract big on term and dollar and knows he needs a strong finish to improve his chances of securing one. "Thats not really my main concern," said Rasmus. "My main concern is to get back to playing, not necessarily trying to prove anything or prove to anybody that Ive got to do anything; just to come in, do what Ive got to do, play baseball, have fun, enjoy my family and that will be it. "Im not going to let whatevers going on put more stress on me," he said. "Im just going to go out there and play. Whenever they want me to play, Ill play." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
blueberryjerry

Wróć do MAŁE PIEKARNIE

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 1 gość